3.5 framework windows 10 fix
Method 1. Uninstall Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 updates
- Click Start and select Control Panel.
- Select Programs and Features and opt for View installed updates link on the left pane.
- Look through the list of installed updates and try to find KB2966826, KB2966827, and KB2966828 security updates.
- Once found, right-click on each of them and select Uninstall.
Method 2. Run Group Policy Editor
- Open Start, type gpedit.msc in the search box, and press Enter.
- Once Group Policy Editor opens, navigate to Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System.
- Look for Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair option on the right pane.
- If it is set to Not Configured, double-click on it, and set Enabled.
- After that, enable Contact Windows Update directly to download repair content instead of Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) and close everything.
- Once done, try to install .NET Framework 3.
The .NET Framework is an integral part of many applications running on Windows and provides common functionality for those applications to run. Normally, before running/installing such applications, we need to enable .NET Framework from the Control Panel on the computer. So, you may first check if the .NET Framework 3.5 is available in the Control Panel on Windows 10 Technical Preview and if available, you may enable it from the Control Panel to install it on the computer. To check if the.NET Framework 3.5 is available in Control Panel and to enable it, please follow these steps:
a) Press “Windows Logo” + “R” keys on the keyboard.
b) Type “appwiz.cpl” in the “Run” command box and press “ENTER”.
c) In the “Programs and Features” window, click on the link “Turn Windows features on or off”.
d) Check if the “.NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)” option is available in it.
e) If yes, then enable it and then click on “OK”.
f) Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation and restart the computer, if prompted.
This will install the .NET Framework 3.5 feature on the computer. There is also another way by which .NET Framework 3.5 gets installed on the computer. This is done by the apps on demand.
If an app requires the .NET Framework 3.5, but doesn't find that version enabled on your computer, it displays the prompt for installing the .NET Framework 3.5 on demand, either during installation, or when you run the app for the first time after its installation. In this prompt, you can choose the option “Install this feature” to enable the .NET Framework 3.5 on the computer.
I found this article helpful. (0)